List:       getmail
Subject:    Re: List reply-to
From:       cl () isbd ! net
Date:       2007-01-10 8:44:10

On Tue, Jan 09, 2007 at 11:48:12PM -0500, Andrew Berry wrote:
> On 9-Jan-07, at 9:39 AM, dave nash wrote:
> >Can anyone suggest a "good MUA" for Windows?
> >Let's not go down the path of using a "good O.S." either, please :-)
>
> You would probably find it easiest to SSH into another box. You could
> forward a GUI with X11, or FreeNX, or run a text based client. I've
> found such a solution to be much better than cygwin. Of course, this
> requires having another box handy, but any free machine you can pick
> up should be up to the task.

You don't even have to have 'another box' there are still lots of ISPs
and other places where you can get a Linux/Unix/BSD shell login as
part of the deal.  There are even quite a lot of places offering free
shell accounts so you don't have to change ISP or anything, just set
up a free shell account, login using (for example) Putty on your
windows machine and use (for example) mutt to read your mail.

It also offers the possibility of being able to read your mail from
anywhere that offers a terminal emulator of some sort.  It's what I do
to enable me to reasd my mail (and news actually) from home, work or
wherever.

--
Chris Green (chris@halon.org.uk)