List:       getmail
Subject:    Re: Mail Delivery Question
From:       Roland Hill <rnrhill+rolandh () ak ! planet ! gen ! nz>
Date:       2003-02-16 8:49:00

On Sun, 2003-02-16 at 06:03, Charles Cazabon wrote:

> You will then have a separate getmailrc file for your wife (in
> ~wife/.getmail/getmailrc ; this would be easier with non-obscured data), which
> contains:
>
>   [Wife's Mail]
>   server = mail.ak.planet.gen.nz
>   username = wifeh
>   password = ******
>   postmaster = ~wife/mbox

I now have (account part of getmailrc only):

[Wife's Mail]
server = mail.ak.planet.gen.nz
username = wifeh
password = ******
postmaster = /var/spool/mail/wife

> Much simpler.  Do you see the problem?  I'm guessing that your POP3 daemon
> didn't like giving her her mail because it was owned by your account, not
> hers.

Charles, you're absolutely correct. I was running the original scheme as
root, thinking it could deliver anywhere. Not the case. Running the
above account in my wife's ~/.getmail/getmailrc file, from her login,
delivered mail to the spool, from which the win PC could POP it off.

Now to re-subscribe with my new address and set up some cron

Thanks for the pointers.

Roland Hill