List:       getmail
Subject:    Re: TMDA Problems & Bugs (Maybe relations)
From:       Charles Cazabon <getmaillist () discworld ! dyndns ! org>
Date:       2003-01-17 14:17:38

joel2002@gmx.ch <joel2002@gmx.ch> wrote:

> # Here I'm testing tmda with.
> [Tr0nix Mail]
> server = mail.xxx.ch
> port = 110
> username = tr0nix@xxx.ch
> password = xxx
> recipient_header = 'to'

This will never work; consider cc'd mail, or bcc'd mail (like mailing list
messages).  To work with an external MDA that needs the envelope recipient
address, you are going to need to configure getmail to look only at a header
field that records the envelope recipient address.

> The Problem I get with tmda is that it always get's tr0nix@xxx.ch as
> $RECIPIENT. So I took a look at the Mail-Header of a answered Confirmation-request
> which looks like that:
> Jan 2003 11:08:39 -0000

Are you sure that's what it looked like?  Did this get rewrapped by your MUA?
That looks like two different header fields rewrapped onto one line.

> From: "Wiesmann Joël (KPSP 4)" <joel@csfs.com>
> To: "'tr0nix-confirm-1042803076.11512.00f15f@xxx.ch'"
> <tr0nix-confirm-1042803076.11512.00f15f@xxx.ch>

So the envelope recipient address was the address in To: (this time), but that
isn't recorded anywhere by the MTA on the POP3 server... you're out of luck.
You're going to have to get the POP3 server admin to change their
configuration to record the envelope recipient address, as they're running
sendmail in its default mode, which doesn't do so.

>   getmail version 2.3.10
>   ConfParser version 3.1
>   Python version 2.1.3 (#1, Sep  7 2002, 15:29:56)
> [GCC 2.95.4 20011002 (Debian prerelease)]
>
> Unhandled exception follows:
>     File "/usr/lib/getmail/getmail.py", line 1569, in main
>     getmail (account, _locals).go ()
>     File "/usr/lib/getmail/getmail.py", line 1156, in go
>     count = self.process_msg (msg)
>     File "/usr/lib/getmail/getmail.py", line 695, in process_msg
>     count = self.do_deliveries (recipients, msg, msgid, env_sender)

This is an unrelated problem, and an interesting one.  I'll send you a new
version in private mail; please report back with whether this fixes the above
exception or not so I can release a new version.

Charles