List:       geronimo-user
Subject:    Re: Why should I use Geronimo?
From:       dsh <daniel.haischt () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-01-10 11:17:48

Using JSF isn't enforced if using Apache Geronimo. I'd suspect that web
frameworks such as Play are rather strict on which web technologies must be
used. But that's exactly the difference between Play as a web framework and
Geronimo as an Java EE app server. App servers are merely execution
environments to run apps of different natures each using a different web
technology such as JSF, JSP or a more client-orient model such as AJAX or
RIA apps. It is just that Geronimo comes with out-of-the-box support for
JSF and JSP (per the various Java EE specs).

Cheers
Daniel

On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 11:44 AM, Lochschmied, Alexander <
Alexander.Lochschmied@vishay.com> wrote:

> Thanks Kevan - maybe this should be under a new subject...
>
> I am really concerned about using JSF and want to avoid it. But it seems
> to be the recommended way to generate your HTML.
> From what I understand, there shouldn't be any problem just not to use
> JSF. Instead create dynamic markup mostly with Javasript and AJAX. Please
> correct me if I'm wrong.
>
> Alexander
>
> -----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----

[Attachment #3 (text/html)]

I&#39;d suspect that web frameworks such as Play are rather strict on which web \
technologies must be used. But that&#39;s exactly the difference between Play as a \
web framework and Geronimo as an Java EE app server. App servers are merely execution \
environments to run apps of different natures each using a different web technology \
such as JSF, JSP or a more client-orient model such as AJAX or RIA apps. It is just \
that Geronimo comes with out-of-the-box support for JSF and JSP (per the various Java \
AM, Lochschmied, Alexander <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a \
href="mailto:Alexander.Lochschmied@vishay.com" \
solid;padding-left:1ex">Thanks Kevan - maybe this should be under a new \
subject...<br> <br>
I am really concerned about using JSF and want to avoid it. But it seems to be the \
recommended way to generate your HTML.<br> From what I understand, there \
shouldn&#39;t be any problem just not to use JSF. Instead create dynamic markup \
mostly with Javasript and AJAX. Please correct me if I&#39;m wrong.<br> <br>
Alexander<br>
-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----<br>