List:       geronimo-user
Subject:    Re: Geronimo 2.2 + Spring + Hibernate and a Geronimo managed DB Pool with XA driver
From:       Kevan Miller <kevan.miller () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-06-08 17:08:38

On Jun 6, 2010, at 5:39 PM, Billy Vandory wrote:

> This is the 2nd last piece to my puzzle and I will have our app fully ported
> to Geronimo.  This piece is kinda critical to the sucess. It's a long
> message.
>
> - I have Geronimo 2.2 and Hibernate working great with a container managed
> DB POOL
> - When I add Spring Support to allow the injection of an Entity Manager, the
> process breaks down
> - In short, I get a stack trace that says Caused by:
> javax.naming.NotContextException: jdbc/wakapeek
> - jdbc/wakapeek is the jndi name to my geronimo managed datasource which is
> connecting to an external postgres database
> - again, every thing works without spring, even the injection of the Entity
> Manager in a SLSB 3
> - I've tried many different configs, all configs lead to the same exception.
> - Seems that Spring is looking for jdbc/wakapeek using InitialContext() and
> cannot resolve the JNDI name of the datasource
>
> Here's the config and code.  I was hoping that someone out there is using
> Spring + Hibernate + Geronimo with a CM database and could help me solve
> this puzzle.
> - note, I do not put a ref-resource in web.xml because a) I'm not running
> any servlets (bootstrapping spring is done with a singleton spring factory)
> and b) I dont think ref-resource is required with Geronimo with a container
> managed DB Pool (but i could be wrong)
>
> btw, please let me know if i am breaking rules with posting all my code and
> configs.  honestly, i have not had time to read the lists etiquette rules
> yet. apologies.

That's fine. I prefer inline text to attachments in dev/user list postings... As an \
alternative, you can create a Jira and upload files to a Jira issue.

You don't have your jndi name correct, I think. There's a JNDI Viewer in the admin \
console, which ought to be useful. Alternatively, post a Jira and somebody could have \
a look...

--kevan