List:       geronimo-user
Subject:    Re: Avoiding geronimo binding port 1099 and 9999 to all net ifaces
From:       Kevan Miller <kevan.miller () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-06-18 15:03:30

On Jun 17, 2007, at 5:05 AM, Tiziano wrote:

> Kevan Miller wrote:
>>

>> On Jun 16, 2007, at 5:50 AM, Tiziano wrote:
>>

>>> Hi. I've installed Geronimo on a machine with 2 net ifaces. I've
>>> modified all
>>> the occurrences of host attribute in config.xml to one of the
>>> ifaces IP
>>> address and altered both the NamingProperties namingProviderUrl
>>> attribute
>>> and the JMXService urlPath attribute from ...://0.0.0.0:1099 to the
>>> same
>>> iface IP address specified before. When geronimo starts, all the
>>> services
>>> bind to the specified IP address, except the process listening at
>>> ports 1099
>>> and 9999 that still binds to all net ifaces. I've also tried to set
>>> 127.0.0.1 explicitely, but the results remains unchanged. How can I
>>> arrange
>>> this? The second net iface is on the Internet, so I can't left any
>>> process
>>> listening on it.
>>
>> What version of Geronimo?
>>
>> --kevan
>>

> I've tried the 1.1 version and also the 1.1.1. The reason I've not
> tried the
> 1.2 version is because I'm using the eclipse plugin (for development
> purposes) that seems to be available only for 1.1. Anyway, if you
> think that
> the only way to solve this issue is installing 1.2 version (or even
> the new
> 2.0), I can arrange to put it on the "Internet published" machine
> and use
> another computer (with 1.1.1 version) for development

Thanks. Seems to be an issue with 2.0, also. If you could create a
Jira (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO) with
information describing your 1.1.1 config updates, that would be
great. On 2.0, I configured "PlanServerHostname" and
"PlanClientAddresses" in var/config/config-substitutions.properties.
We're listening on 1099 and 9999 on all interfaces...

If you are interested, there are unstable eclipse drivers available
for both 1.2 and 2.0. See http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/
eclipse/unstable/

--kevan