List:       geronimo-user
Subject:    Re: Http Session Clustering
From:       Dave Colasurdo <davecola () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2006-11-27 15:45:39

Dennis Cartier wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Could anyone give me an idea of what the current time frame is for
> having HTTP session clustering included in Geronimo (Tomcat) by
> default?

Simple Tomcat clustering of HTTP sessions has been supported since
Geronimo 1.0...

See:  http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC11/clustering-sample-application.html

> I have read through the available info (Geronimo Clustering
> Overview - 10,000 feet..., etc) but would like to get a better idea of
> how close we are to having robust clustering included and if possible,
> which Geronimo version it is likely to be targeted for.

There are several other technologies that will provide more robust
clustering support.

The WADI project has already integrated code into geronimo.  One of the
WADI committers (Gianny?) can likely provide more details as to what is
currently supported.

Also, GCache is a caching technology that is currently being worked on
in the Geronimo sandbox.  I've been experimenting with the code that
Jeff has provided and am working on a writeup for the Geronimo wiki.
Hope to have something available this week.