List:       geronimo-dev
Subject:    Re: Competing J2EE Connector implementation architectures
From:       Aaron Bannert <aaron () apache ! org>
Date:       2003-10-27 20:04:51

On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 06:07:21PM -0000, Winters, James wrote:

> >> Going forward we might want to have a sandbox area of CVS where we can
> >> put experimental code using any old name (user name, project name or
> >> whatever) then we can all kick the tyres a little and decide which
> >> direction to go in.
>
> > Committers can do this by setting up CVS repositories in their home
> > directories on cvs.apache.org.
>
> Sort of leaves us with no commit rights out in the cold a little, doesn't
> it.

Not at all. The main issue here is about major changes that are so
experimental that in their current state the project members don't
want to include it (even experimentally) into the project code base.
I'm simply offering another means of accomplishing the same thing,
one that has been used in the past on other ASF projects.

-aaron