List:       gentooppc-user
Subject:    [gentoo-ppc-user] Re: Running ppc64 stuff on a G5: Is it practical?
From:       Justin Gombos <mindfuq () zianet ! com>
Date:       2004-08-05 3:46:51

* Stefan Bruda <bruda@cs.ubishops.ca> [2004-07-30 21:49]:

> What are the problems you encountered?

I posted my error output to:

  http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=205870

This appears to be a defect in the 2004.2 stage 1 install.

Since Debian and Yellowdog gave me problems too, I went with Tom
Gall's 2004.2 stage 3 install.  It went smooth; but that was due in
part to me becoming yaboot savvy in previous unsuccessful installs.
Yaboot had to be configured manually and required commandline options
not in the manual.