List:       gentooppc-user
Subject:    [gentoo-ppc-user] Using distcc for cross-compiling
From:       Andrew Gaffney <agaffney () technaut ! darktalker ! net>
Date:       2003-05-29 6:06:32

   I have Gentoo on 3 of my machines, so far. Two are Athlon machines, the other
is a PPC. The PPC box is only 120 MHz, so I want to use distcc.
   Has anyone set up distcc cross-platform under Gentoo? I already have a
cross-compiler manually set up on one of the Athlon Gentoo boxes. Is there
something I can change in my /etc/make.conf on the PPC box so that
'powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc' is run on the Athlon box instead of just 'gcc'?
   I've looked around in the forums. They're introducing support into portage to
build cross-platform toolchains, but there was really no mention on how to use
them with distcc.
   I've gotten through the bootstrap and 'emerge system' in a day and a half on
the PPC box, but I'm scared to think how long it will take to compile X without
distcc...

--
Andrew Gaffney