List:       gentooppc-user
Subject:    Re: [gentooppc-user] BootX problem
From:       Ben Sayer <bsayer () comcast ! net>
Date:       2002-04-30 10:28:02

>I picked up a bit of the answer from a SuSE readme file. It specifies
>that if one gets a crc error during the boot, one should restart MacOS
>without extensions (hold down the shift key) and then repeat the BootX
>procedure. This does indeed work for me in that I get to a very different
>part of the installation process (keymap selection).

I found that, in addition to the above, I needed to create symlinks for /
usr/bin/cat, /usr/bin/cut, /usr/bin/clear, and /sbin/ifconfig to busybox
in the initrd image then use the new image as a ramdisk. The emerge rsync
is in progess now...

P.S. I found that turning virtual memory off in MacOS was what was
required to end the crc error--booting without extensions accomplished
this (and more).

--Ben