List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-user] cross-compiling environment for Rapberry
From:       Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7 () gmx ! de>
Date:       2024-05-01 11:16:24

Am Mon, Apr 29, 2024 at 11:26:49PM +0200 schrieb ralfconn:
> Hello,
>
> I recently got me a Raspberry Pi4b to use as a PiHole [1]. As a first step I
> put user-space Gentoo (i.e. aarch64 stage3) on it and now I am trying to set
> up my desktop to cross-compile binary packages for the PI, to keep the Pi
> up-to-date in reasonable computing time.
> [...]
> /usr/aarch64-unknown-linux-gnu/var/db/pkg on the desktop. I ran emerge
> --sync on the Pi and on the desktop approximatively at the same time.

You could simply rsync the portage tree from one host to the other to get an
identical state on both.

> [different emerge -u on both hosts]
>
> ==== What am I missing to make the desktop use the same list of packages to
> be upgraded as the Pi? ====

Do you have the same use flags? I've never really dealt with crosscompiling.
Maybe somewhere deep in the system the use flags are changed. Try comparing
the output of emerge --info from both hosts.

--
Grüße | Greetings | Salut | Qapla'
Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.

Development aid is to give money from the poor of rich countries
to the rich of poor countries.