List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    [gentoo-user] Problem when going to install refind and using musl/llvm profile
From:       Andrew Lowe <agl () wht ! com ! au>
Date:       2024-04-04 17:49:26

Hi all,
	I'm attempting to set up a new machine. I want to try out the musl/llvm
combo, profile 70, but am having troubles with the refind boot manager.

	When I attempt to emerge refind, I get, during the "pretend phase":

* ERROR: sys-boot/refind-0.14.0.2-r1::gentoo failed (pretend phase):
  *   objcopy (objcopy) does not support EFI target

and a bit further down:

* The specific snippet of code:
  *              LANG=C LC_ALL=C "${OBJCOPY}" --help | grep -q '\<pei-'
|| die "${OBJCOPY} (objcopy) does not support EFI target"

Has anyone gone down the road of musl/llvm/refind and seen this? I don't
see anything under bugs.gentoo.org.

	Any thoughts on how to fix this would be appreciated,

	Andrew