List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    [gentoo-user] Qustions about installkernel news item
From:       Walter Dnes <waltdnes () waltdnes ! org>
Date:       2024-01-24 17:58:25

https://www.gentoo.org/support/news-items/2024-01-18-installkernel-merge.html
for those who haven't run across it yet.  The news item mentions...

> Previously sys-kernel/installkernel-gentoo provided kernel
> installation automation for users of GRUB via USE=grub.

  I run grub (no dracut) under openrc but "emerge -pv installkernel" shows...

[ebuild     U  ] sys-kernel/installkernel-18::gentoo [12::gentoo] USE="-dracut* -grub \
-module-rebuild% -systemd% -uki -ukify" 8 KiB

  Does this mean I can safely ignore it in my case?

--
Roses are red
Roses are blue