List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Dual Booting - selection from command line
From:       Mark Knecht <markknecht () gmail ! com>
Date:       2024-01-10 22:14:39

On Wed, Jan 10, 2024 at 2:38 PM <thelma@sys-concept.com> wrote:

> On 1/9/24 19:22, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> > On 10/01/2024 02:18, thelma@sys-concept.com wrote:
> >> I have a box that is two HD's and both are bootable; using "refind"
instead of grub.
> >> So the selection I choose at boot which drive to boot will be the
default (during reboot, from command line) until I select the second drive.

> >> The box will be installed in a remote location, so I have no option to
select which drive to boot from (unless I'm in front of the box).

https://gist.github.com/Darkhogg/82a651f40f835196df3b1bd1362f5b8c

> Thank you for the link.

I have no experience with refind but for my UEFI systems I accomplish this
using efibootmgr and a simple batch file. The machine always boots Linux
by default but from within Linux I can tell it to reboot into Windows

mark@science2:~$ sudo efibootmgr
BootCurrent: 0003
Timeout: 1 seconds
BootOrder: 0003,0000