List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-user] Re: alsamixer - no sound
From:       thelma () sys-concept ! com
Date:       2023-12-17 3:31:07

On 12/16/23 20:00, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> On 17/12/2023 01:54, thelma@sys-concept.com wrote:
> > But the scary thing is I don't know what fix it and running as user: alsamixer \
> > still does not allow me to save default sound card I select with F6.
>
> You don't set a "default sound card" with F6. All that does is simply allow you to \
> see the mixer controls of a different sound card.
> You set your default sound card by using your desktop environment audio settings. \
> In KDE, I click on the speaker tray icon and there I can select my default sound \
> card and default microphone:
> https://i.imgur.com/Lz3Bfyk.png
>
> Surely there's something similar in the desktop environment you're using.

If I remember correctly, running
alsamixer - allows you select certain cards, ESC exits

alsactl store  - would write the setting to a file, under user it would be \
~/.asoundrc   (I could be wrong).  But in my case "alsactl store" doesn't do \
anything, It opens "master" setting single bar setting.

Next time I would open "alsamixer" it would open on the last card I was viewing.  I \
was long line since I played with these setting, so I could be wrong.

I'm using XFCE but did not emerge any special packages for sound control.