On 17/12/2023 01:54, thelma@sys-concept.com wrote: > But the scary thing is I don't know what fix it and running as user: > alsamixer still does not allow me to save default sound card > I select with F6. You don't set a "default sound card" with F6. All that does is simply allow you to see the mixer controls of a different sound card. You set your default sound card by using your desktop environment audio settings. In KDE, I click on the speaker tray icon and there I can select my default sound card and default microphone: https://i.imgur.com/Lz3Bfyk.png Surely there's something similar in the desktop environment you're using.