List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-user] world updates blocked by Qt
From:       Dale <rdalek1967 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2023-10-11 17:37:36

Michael Cook wrote:
> On 10/11/23 09:43, Alan McKinnon wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Today a sync and emerge world produces a huge list of blockers.
>> qt 5.15.10 is currently installed and qt 5.15.11 is new in the tree
>> and being blocked.
>> All the visible blockers are Qt itself so --verbose-conflicts is needed.
>>
>> That will be an exceptionally long list and today I feel really lazy
>> and unwilling :-D
>> Has anyone seen what the actual blockers are?
>> I spotted okular, I suspect there are more.
>>

>> --
>> Alan McKinnon
>> alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
>
> I just --backtrack=100 and walked away, seemed to have figured
> something out for my system and updated normally.

I have backtrack set to that by default.  I did that a long time ago
because sometimes it doesn't work out a solution otherwise.  It takes
longer to build the upgrade list sometimes but it figures out the
solution which tends to save time in the long run.  You may want to add
that to emerge defaults in make.conf.  Oh, don't forget to add -1 to so
that the world file stays clean.  ;-)

Dale

:-)  :-)