List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-user] long compiles
From:       Kristian Poul Herkild <kristian () herkild ! dk>
Date:       2023-09-13 21:15:25

Hi.

Nothing compares to Chromium (browser) in terms of compilation times. On
my system with 12 core threads it takes about 8 hours to compile - which
is 4 times longer than 10 years ago with 2 core threads ;)

Libreoffice takes a few hours, but less than half of chromium. Nothing
gets close to Chromium. But otherwise webkitgtk and qtwebengine are to
big ones - but still about a quarter of Chromium.

Kristian Poul Herkild