List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-user] Highlight certain packages being upgraded
From:       Dale <rdalek1967 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2023-07-08 20:44:47

Ramon Fischer wrote:
> Hello Dale,
>
> I solved it like this:
>
> https://www.mail-archive.com/gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org/msg186292.htm=
>
> I have reused the configuration file
> "/etc/portage/package.env/no_tmpfs.conf"[1], which already contains a
> list of packages, which need hours to compile.
>
> -Ramon
>
> [1]
> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Portage_TMPDIR_on_tmpfs#Per-package_choice=
s_at_compile_time

I need more than just packages that take a while to compile. I need a
list of packages that require large amounts of memory, needs restarting
after upgrade is done and other things.=C2=A0 I already use notmpfs on a =
few
packages.=C2=A0 That works fine.=C2=A0 Things is, I need to know about ot=
her
packages for other reasons as well.=C2=A0 Upgrading nvidia is one.=C2=A0 =
It uses
little memory to upgrade but it does require the modules to be reloaded.=C2=
=A0

Maybe one of these days.=C2=A0

Dale

:-)=C2=A0 :-)=C2=A0