List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    [gentoo-user] QMPlay2 single instance, want multiple.
From:       Dale <rdalek1967 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2023-06-14 14:02:58

Howdy,

Gnome-player is about dead.  It got removed from the tree ages ago but
until a recent upgrade, it still worked.  I been using QMPlay2 on videos
that doesn't have the right codec thingy for Gnome-player.  So, I'm
kinda used to QMPlay2, except it doesn't close at the end of the video.
Anyway, I went into settings and made sure to uncheck the box for only
allowing a single instance.  That should allow multiple instances of
QMPlay2 but it doesn't.  If I click on a video file and QMPlay2 is open
anywhere else, it starts playing where ever it was open, not even where
I am at the moment.  It's bad enough I lose my place in another video
but I have to go look through a dozen or so desktops to find out where
it is playing.

I looked at the help for QMPlay2 command.  I see a option for opennew
but that seems to be only for opening a URL.  I'm just playing a local
video file by clicking on it.  It doesn't seem to be for this type of
usage.

Anyone know the secret to making QMPlay2 actually make use of multiple
instances?  I've tried several different settings and nothing seems to
change.  It makes me wonder if that check box is broke but maybe I'm
missing something else.

Anyone have ideas?

Thanks.

Dale