List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    [gentoo-user] Re: emerge --sync fails with a python error
From:       Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards () gmail ! com>
Date:       2023-05-15 21:09:15

On 2023-05-15, Dan Johansson <dan@dmj.nu> wrote:
> On 15.05.23 16:41, Matt Connell wrote:
>> On Mon, 2023-05-15 at 16:24 +0200, Dan Johansson wrote:
>>> RuntimeError: OpenPGP signature not found on Manifest
>>
>> It sounds like your sync is hitting a mirror that is currently broken.
>>
>> Are you using a defined mirror list or letting it auto-select?
>
> As far as I can tell, portage is using "auto-select".
> in /etc/portage/make.conf I do not have GENTOO_MIRRORS set.

FWIW, I find life a lot more pleasant since I switched from rsync to
git for syncing the portage tree. It sometimes used to take 10-15
minutes to sync, or the sync would sometimes just hang and have to be
restarted several times. And I had lost count of how many times I
change my GENTOO_MIRRORS setting when the mirror I had chosen had
apparently fallen back to a dial-up connectiong via a 9600 baud modem.