List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-user] Mouse pain
From:       Jack <ostroffjh () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2023-05-14 20:44:55

On 5/14/23 16:33, Wols Lists wrote:
> I've been having grief with my mouse for a while, and all the help I
> can find is "how to adjust mouse speed", which is not my problem...
> and seems to be about the only thing that is adjustable ...
>
> Basically even something as simple as left click doesn't work
> properly. I'm guessing it's timing related, but I can't find anywhere
> to adjust it. The symptoms are single clicks get interpreted as double
> or treble clicks, and when I try (especially in games) to do a "drag
> to select", the area the mouse drags over bears precious little
> resemblance to the are the mouse actually is. Combined with the
> "double click effect" it makes the mouse - randomly :-( ! - almost
> unusable.
>
> It might well be tied into system lock-ups, as every now and then the
> system simply stops responding, as in either the mouse and keyboard
> just no longer work, or the mouse moves freely but the system just
> ignores it.
>
> Basically I just don't know how - or where - to start debugging it
>
> (systemd, kde system)
>
> Cheers,
> Wol

only some more straws to grab at

- any hints in dmesg?

- if it is a USB mouse, have you tried plugging it into a different
port?   Have you tried a different mouse (to be sure it's not a hardware
issue)

- have you tried xev?

- I have no idea if any of the settings in System
Settings/Accessibility/Mouse Navigation might help, or at least help
with debugging.