List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Nvidia-drivers fails to patch
From:       Dale <rdalek1967 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2023-04-22 14:38:39

Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> On 21/04/2023 19:29, Dale wrote:
>> I ran into a buggy driver a while back and once I synced and upgraded,
>> the old one was gone.  So, I started keeping a local copy just in case.
>> Of course, as long as I keep a older driver to fall back on, it won't
>> break anymore.
> It will break with kernel and x.org upgrades. NVidia still updates the
> legacy drivers from time to time to support new kernel and x.org
> versions.

I don't update kernels that often.  Other than nvidia updating, I don't
have to reinstall them very often.  Maybe I'm lucky on this one???
Still, that buggy driver caused me some grief.  I like to have at least
one option available.  Just going back a version is usually enough,
since it worked before.  ;-)

Dale

:-)  :-)