List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-user] Nvidia-drivers fails to patch
From:       Dale <rdalek1967 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2023-04-21 9:55:00

Arve Barsnes wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Apr 2023 at 10:58, Dale <rdalek1967@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I put my local ebuilds in /usr/local/portage.  Obviously emerge sees it
>> since it was trying to use it.  I don't understand why it doesn't work
>> tho.  I looked at the ebuild in the tree and my overlay, they look the
>> same, including the patches from different versions.
>>
>> Now I need to figure out why the overlay version isn't working.  I've
>> had occasion to need older versions before, due to some bug or
>> something.  Gonna see if it builds against the new kernel now.  Let us
>> pray.
> If your ebuild and the repo ebuild are the same, that means that the
> patch was changed, look in your
> /usr/local/portage/x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers/files/ folder and
> compare with the current files.
>
> Regards,
> Arve

Well, there's the problem.  There's no files directory there.  I ran the
ebuild command when I added it to the overlay, I don't think it
downloaded anything.  I just copied the ebuild file from the Gentoo
tree.  If I ever need to emerge from the overlay, I hope it works now.

Did something change with overlays?  In the past, I copied the ebuild
over to local overlay and ran the ebuild command for the manifest.  It
downloaded everything that was needed.  Now, it seems it doesn't.  They
add a step?  I miss a step that slipped my mind?

Dale

:-)  :-)