List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-user] updating /boot directory EFI
From:       Wols Lists <antlists () youngman ! org ! uk>
Date:       2023-04-17 20:41:09

On 17/04/2023 17:52, Mark Knecht wrote:
> Later on a Kubuntu update found Windows, updated the EFI
> stuff on the Windows drive and then, I see this morning,
> erased everything out of the Kubuntu EFI partition but
> left the partition there.

I had a similar problem trying to install SUSE to dual boot a laptop. I
made the mistake of letting Windows wipe the disk and install itself,
with the result I was left with a tiny EFI partition. I couldn't install
linux because there was no room.

My latest attempt (when I get gentoo video working) will be to *add*
Windows to a working system.

Cheers,
Wol