List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-user] xfce4 automount usb doesn't work
From:       thelma () sys-concept ! com
Date:       2023-04-11 21:22:03

On 4/11/23 14:37, Matt Connell wrote:
> On Tue, 2023-04-11 at 11:28 -0600, thelma@sys-concept.com wrote:
> > Does user need to be in group:   plugdev for it to work.
>
> I'm fairly confident that you do, yes.
>
> "Udisks uses polkit to handle permissions.  Make sure each user is in
> the plugdev group"
>
> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Udisks#Configuration

None of my systems have even  acct-group/plugdev installed
and no user is in plugdev group

Two of the system mounts USB automatically (correctly) when USB is plugged-in, one \
updated last Dec. and one yesterday. Third computer upgraded yesterday but USB \
doesn't auto-mount automatically.

One of my remote computer stop automounting USB all of a sudden as well, even though \
I did not change any setting it happen after I installed gnome-extra/zenity