List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-user] Portage 'Completed (m of n)' messages
From:       Neil Bothwick <neil () digimed ! co ! uk>
Date:       2023-04-11 14:24:42

On Tue, 11 Apr 2023 11:59:08 +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:

> What does the panel think of these new status messages from portage
> (~amd64)? At first I thought "that's useful", but after a while I
> concluded that it just adds to the clutter on the screen and actually
> impedes my ability to follow progress.

I like it. Previously, I had to wait for the completed counter to
increment before knowing that installation of a package was complete.
It's handy if you need to interrupt an emerge session and don't want to
do it just before Chromium has finished installing :-O

> Perhaps I'm just being a Grumpy Old Man (tm).

See above, some Grumpy Old Men like it ;-)

--=20
Neil Bothwick

Some cause happiness wherever they go. Others whenever they go.