List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    RE: [gentoo-user] Re: Upgrading from 5.14 to 6.0 version
From:       Laurence Perkins <lperkins () openeye ! net>
Date:       2022-11-15 17:46:02

> That may be true.  I used to not mind rebooting as much but since I started having \
> to use the init thingy, I only do it when really necessary.  Those init thingys \
> have left a long term bad taste in my mouth.  If I could, I'd likely never reboot.  \
> Thing is, sometimes I have a power outage and just have too.
Kernel livepatching is a thing now...  Use the LTS kernel and you might not have to \
reboot for a couple years.

Documentation on the wiki is a bit sparse.  Please add your notes and results!

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Kpatch
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Live_patching
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Elivepatch

LMP