On 01/10/2022 19:56, Michael wrote: > Anyway, I ventured into pipewire because I wanted to see if Skype would work > without pulseaudio and in this system it won't. After I manually installed > pipewire Skype won't access the microphone. :-( Maybe Skype uses ALSA? It's best to enable the "pipewire-alsa" USE flag on pipewire and disable the "pulseaudio" flag on alsa-plugins: media-video/pipewire: pipewire-alsa media-plugins/alsa-plugins: -pulseaudio This replaces pulseaudio's ALSA plugin with pipewire's. Skype might work with this.