List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    [gentoo-user] systemd-boot on an openrc system
From:       Peter Humphrey <peter () prh ! myzen ! co ! uk>
Date:       2022-09-15 9:07:48

Hello list,

I've had no success with that monster grub-2, so I use bootctl from systemd-
boot to maintain a boot-time menu of kernels to boot.

In recent versions of systemd-boot, when I command 'bootctl update' I get this
request:

'Read $KERNEL_INSTALL_LAYOUT from /etc/machine-info. Please move it to the
layout= setting of /etc/kernel/install.conf.'

My openrc boxes have no such install.conf file. Do I need to create one?

--
Regards,
Peter.