List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-user] Re: sys-devel/llvm and LLVM_TARGETS
From:       Dale <rdalek1967 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2022-03-13 11:05:15

Peter Humphrey wrote:
> On Sunday, 13 March 2022 08:03:04 GMT Wols Lists wrote:
>
>> To the best of my knowledge, gcc can't currently handle Rust, so yes
>> LLVM is needed. (Not Clang, because it isn't C :-) (Although Firefox
>> probably also uses loads of C, so Clang would be needed for that.)
> And that's why we have dev-lang/rust on hand, no?

So, it takes rust, gcc, clang and maybe some other stuff to make
Firefox???  Jeez, that sounds complicated.  o_O  Sounds like a recipe
for a soup or something.  ROFL

I might add, I did finish the updates and everything compiled and works
fine.  So, it is safe to have all those options enabled.  Weird but
safe.  ;-)

Dale

:-)  :-)