List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel source (gentoo-sources) ignore CC=
From:       bobwxc <bobwxc () 88 ! com>
Date:       2021-01-23 15:11:57

[Attachment #2 (multipart/mixed)]

在 2021/1/23 上午2:33, Dan Egli 写道:
> Hey all. I have an OLD laptop that I'm trying to compile the latest
> Gentoo for (don't ask, it's a long story). To help speed things up, I
> installed distcc on the laptop and on another linux computer. But when
> I try to compile the kernel source into a workable kernel, it
> completely ignores the CC definition and calls i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc
> for it's C compiler. The kernel tree is too complicated for me to
> understand the make hierarchy used, so I can't look in the Makefile(s)
> to see if it's getting overridden somewhere in there.
>
> Short of replacing i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc with a symlink to distcc,
> what can be done to fix this?
>
> Thanks!

How did you change the CC definition?
Could you please tell us the command you use?

Or you can search "CC" in kernel makefile, there is a line like
        CC                           = $(CROSS_COMPILE)gcc
to define CC compiler.

--
bobwxc
F645 5C7A 08E8 A637 24C6  D59E 36E9 4EAB B53E 516B

["OpenPGP_signature.asc" (application/pgp-signature)]