List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-user] trouble compiling mpv
From:       Deven Lahoti <deywos () mit ! edu>
Date:       2016-08-26 14:03:58

Well, I solved the problem, which was indeed caused by hardening,
though I'm not sure why it only affected this system and not the
other. Looking at dmesg I saw "[...] denied RWX mmap of [...]", so all
it took to fix it was `paxctl-ng /usr/bin/python3.4m -m`.

Looking at the ebuild for =dev-lang/python-3.4.5, it appears that this
mark is set iff libffi is not installed with the pax_kernel useflag ­ –
maybe the ebuild should be changed to enable it either way?