List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-user] local shared directory
From:       Neil Bothwick <neil () digimed ! co ! uk>
Date:       2016-04-23 14:56:10

That should actually be $@/$#

> PS: How about subdirectories?  The users sharing the directory can
> create and delete them as well, and files within them; yet incron
> ignores what happens in subdirectories.

That's a prpblem, maybe ACLs would be more suitable after all.

> Using 'chmod -R g+w $#' isn't very appealing, and how safely does it
> handle file names?

What is unappealing about it? I've never had any problem with file names,
but I don't use odd ones. You could quote the $@/$# just in case,
although if there's no shell expansion taking place it shouldn't be
necessary.

--
Neil Bothwick

Hyperbole is absolutely the worst mistake you can possibly make