List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    [gentoo-user] Akonadi gets MySQL errors after upgrade
From:       Robin Atwood <robin.atwood () attglobal ! net>
Date:       2014-04-15 14:01:51

After the latest KDE upgrade to 4.12.4 I logged on and Akonadi won't
start. It is still at 4.4.11.1 and normally runs faultlessly. Now I get

$ akonadictl start
Starting Akonadi Server...
   done.
Connecting to deprecated signal
QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
search paths:  (".", "/usr/local/sbin",
"/usr/local/bin", "/sbin", "/usr/sbin", ".", "/sbin", "/usr/sbin", ".",
"/usr/local/sbin", "/usr/local/bin", "/sbin", "/usr/sbin",
"/usr/local/bin", "/usr/bin", "/bin", "/opt/bin",
"/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/gcc-bin/4.8.2", "/usr/games/bin",
"/var/spool/fax/bin", "/home/robin/bin", "/usr/local/bin",
"/usr/local/sbin", "/usr/games/bin", "/usr/sbin", "/usr/local/sbin",
"/usr/local/libexec", "/usr/libexec", "/opt/mysql/libexec",
"/opt/local/lib/mysql5/bin", "/opt/mysql/sbin")
Found mysql_install_db:  ""
Found mysqlcheck:  "/usr/bin/mysqlcheck"
QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection 'initConnection' is
still in use, all queries will cease to work.
Database "akonadi" opened
using driver "QMYSQL"
DbInitializer::run()
checking table
"SchemaVersionTable" checking table  "ResourceTable" checking table
"CollectionTable" checking table  "MimeTypeTable" checking table
"PimItemTable" checking table  "FlagTable" checking table
"PartTypeTable" checking table  "PartTable" checking table
"CollectionAttributeTable" checking table  "TagTable" checking table
"TagAttributeTable" checking table  "TagRemoteIdResourceRelationTable"

"CREATE TABLE TagRemoteIdResourceRelationTable (tagId BIGINT NOT NULL,
resourceId BIGINT NOT NULL, remoteId VARBINARY(255) NOT NULL, FOREIGN
KEY (tagId) REFERENCES TagTable(id) ON UPDATE CASCADE ON DELETE
CASCADE, FOREIGN KEY (resourceId) REFERENCES ResourceTable(id) ON
UPDATE CASCADE ON DELETE CASCADE)  COLLATE=utf8_general_ci DEFAULT
CHARSET=utf8" "

Sql error: Can't create table
'akonadi.TagRemoteIdResourceRelationTable' (errno: 150) QMYSQL: Unable
to execute query Query: CREATE TABLE TagRemoteIdResourceRelationTable
(tagId BIGINT NOT NULL, resourceId BIGINT NOT NULL, remoteId
VARBINARY(255) NOT NULL, FOREIGN KEY (tagId) REFERENCES TagTable(id) ON
UPDATE CASCADE ON DELETE CASCADE, FOREIGN KEY (resourceId) REFERENCES
ResourceTable(id) ON UPDATE CASCADE ON DELETE CASCADE)
COLLATE=utf8_general_ci DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8" Unable to initialize
database.

So it looks like an SQL problem. I have run myisamchk on
the /var/lib/mysql/akonadi and found no problems. How do I reinitialise
the various databases from scratch?

Incidentally, I upgraded a similar system at the same time and its
akonadi still runs fine.

TIA
Robin