List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Portable Gentoo (Pen Drive Linux)
From:       Peter Humphrey <peter () prh ! myzen ! co ! uk>
Date:       2014-03-30 14:28:59

On Sunday 30 Mar 2014 11:27:53 Martin Vaeth wrote:
> Peter Humphrey <peter@prh.myzen.co.uk> wrote:
> >> Dropping the aliases into ~/.zshrc is the easy option, that way to get
> >> your aliases and a superior shell.
> >
> > That's what I've done so far.
>
> If you have a complex bash configuration file which you want to keep,
> source your .bashrc (or whatever you use) in compatibility mode
> (the anonymous function will keep that mode local only for sourcing):
>
> () {
> 	emulate -L sh
> 	setopt kshglob noshglob braceexpand nonomatch
> 	. ~/.bashrc
> }
>
> Most setups should work without any issues in this compatibility
> mode, the most notable exception being [[ $var ]] which must be
> cast into the more compatible [[ -n $var ]].

Well, thank you Martin. I don't have anything complex; just some aliases
different from what's already in /root/.zshrc. Now that I've found where to put
mine I'm happy.

Apart, that is, from another problem I seem to have caused for myself. But
this is now OT re the original thread, so if I want to say more I'll start
another thread with it.

Thanks again.

--
Regards