List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-user] Moving from old udev to eudev
From:       Samuli Suominen <ssuominen () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2013-08-12 12:37:01

On 12/08/13 15:19, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 3:17 PM, Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@libertytrek.org> wrote:
> >
> > On 2013-08-12 8:06 AM, Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@gentoo.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > True, it won't be dropped for long as people are maintaining it. That's
> > > how maintainership works.
> > > But trying to lie to people it's somehow solving something currently is
> > > annoying as 'ell and should be corrected where seen.
> >

> > It is solving the problem of *when* (not if - if the words I have read from the \
> > systemd maintainers can be taken at face value) the systemd maintainers decide to \
> > pull the plug on the ability to have a systemd-less udev...
>
> Correct. And because that we endorse it.
> Look what happened with the logind.

They made it clear from the start that logind is not going to work for
non-systemd and that Ubuntu is doing something utter crazy.
We were going to ride with that horse at the expense of Ubuntu folks for
a while, but dropped the effort as futile. Now Ubuntu is stuck at
logind-204 and it's unclear what will they do next.
Don't try to twist it into anything it's not, it's not comparable w/ udev.