List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-user] Chromium: questions
From:       Yohan Pereira <yohan.pereira () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-07-30 8:39:12

On 30/07/13 at 12:11pm, Pavel Volkov wrote:
> I have 2 questions about how Chromium operates with a clean profile.
> I run it like this:
> % chromium --user-data-dir=<dir>
>
> Directory <dir> is empty (at first launch).
>
> After the first launch, some entries immediately appear in History. I
> visited those before, but it's not everything I visited. Approximately
> 10-20 entries.
> From where is this information taken? If it's Google servers, what info is
> used for identification? IP address, system user name, something else?

Just a hunch but have you signed into Chromium with your google account
? Google has this feature/anti-feature (based on your outlook) where it
syncs bookmarks, history among other things with their servers so you have
access to it on all your computers where you've signed into Chromium.
-

- Yohan Pereira

The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference
between a mermaid and a seal.
                -- Mark Twain