List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Fresh install and problem with net.* init.d script
From:       Neil Bothwick <neil () digimed ! co ! uk>
Date:       2013-07-24 9:02:37

On Wed, 24 Jul 2013 03:17:51 +0100, Steven J. Long wrote:

> > You might as well ask why do you need or want any other form of IPC
> > you already have, as that is what dbus is. It's a very small, light
> > daemon, can run system-wide or per-session and has the potential to
> > many of the IPC implementations you already have. Those are the ones
> > that don't happen to show up in ps so you hear very little whinging
> > about them.
>
> You might as well just use the existing IPC mechanisms too,

Yes, lets have lots of IPC mechanisms instead of one daemon that handles
IPC for everything. While we're at it, let's get rid of syslog and add
file logging code to every program that needs it. cron and at seem a bit
of a waste of space too.

--
Neil Bothwick

Micro-: (prefix) anything both very small and very expensive.