List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-user] SSD partitioning and migration
From:       Dale <rdalek1967 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-07-20 20:02:48

pk wrote:
> On 2013-07-20 13:59, luis jure wrote:
>
>> the average home user has lots of useless crap. i know
>> *i* do...
> Yes, I do too... So the answer is smaller disks in order not to
> accumulate so much crap! ;-)
>
> Best regards
>
> Peter K

I have to say, most of mine is useful stuff.  I have smaller files that
show the wiring for my car speaker system.  I have documents that I sent
to Social Security and State offices concerning my disability.  I also
have some financial info, encrypted of course, stored here.  My smaller
stuff is important to keep.  My larger stuff is videos and camera pics.
Just as examples:

9.4G    /home/dale/Desktop/Music
1.1T    /home/dale/Desktop/Videos
16G     /home/dale/Desktop/Documents/Camera-pics
5.2G    /home/dale/Desktop/Documents/Kathie-camera
4.4G    /home/dale/Desktop/Documents/Recipes

That's just a example.  You may notice, videos is by far the largest
thing I have tho.  It takes up a LOT of space.

I may could clean up some of that stuff a bit but it wouldn't be much.
I generally store stuff in a temp location until I know if I need it
long term.  Stuff like exploded views of my washing machine.  When I
know it is the right one for my washing machine, I move it to a
permanent location.  If it turns out to be the wrong one or I can't fix
the appliance, I chunk the appliance and then trash the files too.  I
also keep the last two versions of sysrescue for my USB stick.  That
reminds me, I need to test the latest one to make sure it works, when I
reboot again.  :/

Yea, I'm one weird cookie.  lol

Dale

:-)  :-)