List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    [gentoo-user] KDE and NetworkManager
From:       András Csányi <sayusi.ando () sayusi ! hu>
Date:       2013-07-15 16:44:11

Hi All,

I would like to get some help regarding networkmanager and KDE.

I have installed the networkmanager package on my machine and I also
have networkmanagement kde application installed. My problem is that
as a user I'm not able to abb network connection using network manager
in kde. There is no way to run this application as root and I'm not
able to login as root into KDE.

At the moment I don't have any network connection on that machine. If
I want it then I have to remove networkmanager package and let the
rc-process to handle the networks.

Is there a place where that is described how possible to solve this
issue? Is there a tutorial about networkmanager where the
configuration is described or something like this? What right is
needed or something? I have googled a few hours but I haven't found
anything.

I appreciate your help!

Andr=C3=A1s

--