List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-user] hp H222 SAS controller
From:       Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-07-08 15:39:00

On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 9:04 PM, Paul Hartman
<paul.hartman+gentoo@gmail.com> wrote:
> ST4000DM000

As a side-note these two Seagate 4TB "Desktop" edition drives I bought
already, after about than 100 hours of power-on usage, both drives
have each encountered dozens of unreadable sectors so far. I was able
to correct them (force reallocation) using hdparm... So it should be
"fixed", and I'm reading that this is "normal" with newer drives and
"don't worry about it", but I'm still coming from the time when 1 bad
sector = red alert, replace the drive ASAP.  I guess I will need to
monitor and see if it gets worse.