List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-user] hp H222 SAS controller
From:       Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-07-02 22:42:56

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 2:56 PM, Stefan G. Weichinger <lists@xunil.at> wrote:

> Does anyone use that controller with gentoo?
>
> If yes, which driver/module does support it?
>
> I ordered one for a server and did not really check the facts ;-)

Looks like it uses the LSI SAS2008 chipset (basically LSI controller
with HP branding), so you should enable kernel module mpt2sas
(CONFIG_SCSI_MPT2SAS) and probably some other SAS-related options will
be required as well if you don't already use them.

I actually just installed a card with this same chipset in my Gentoo
machine yesterday! I have not attached disks to it yet, as I am
waiting for the enclosure to be delivered, but so far nothing froze or
burst into flames when the module loaded. :)  I even upgraded the BIOS
and firmware on the card from within linux and everything seems okay,
so far.