List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    [gentoo-user] KDE URL-handling weirdness
From:       »Q« <boxcars () gmx ! net>
Date:       2013-01-31 18:41:07

I suppose this started when I upgraded to KDE 4.9.5, but I just noticed
it today.

In KDE's system settings, I have Firefox set as the default web
browser.  It worked fine before now.  But now when I click on an
http: or https: URL in some other application, KDE downloads the page to
its local cache, then launches Firefox to open the local file.  So my
Firefox is opening a file such as
file:///var/tmp/kdecache-q/krun/8144_0_

I don't think I've changed any settings that should affect this, and I
don't know what to change to fix it.