List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Autoloading modules..,
From:       Dale <rdalek1967 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-03-02 10:59:50

Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> On 02/03/12 06:36, meino.cramer@gmx.de wrote:
>> I heard -- not only in this list -- that loading modules, that
>> supports hardware, is better than integration the according
>> modules into the kernel.
>
> Nope.  It's exactly the same.  The only instance where it's "better", is
> when you need to unload it again later.

I been using Gentoo for a long time.  I have never had modules except
for my nvidia driver.  I see no reason for having modules unless for
some reason some software requires something to be a module.  I did see
that requirement once but it was a rare case and quite some time ago.

I'm with others, just build it in then you don't have to worry about

Dale

:-)  :-)

how you interpreted my words!

Miss the compile output?  Hint: