List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    [gentoo-user] Re: This Connection is Untrusted: WAS: Firefox-10.0.1 fails to compile on x86
From:       Nikos Chantziaras <realnc () arcor ! de>
Date:       2012-02-23 23:11:21

On 24/02/12 00:59, Mark Knecht wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 2:43 PM, Paul Hartman
> <paul.hartman+gentoo@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 4:21 PM, Willie WY Wong<wongwwy@member.ams.org>  wrote:
>>> Actually, why is it that upstream does not provide 64bit binaries? (It
>>> always bothers me to see my wife's Windows 7 machines running a copy
>>> of firefox marked, in parenthesis, 32 bit.)
>>
>> They're working on it... They actually have started generating 64-bit
>> nightly builds for Windows and Linux:
>> https://nightly.mozilla.org/
>
> What is it about my systems wherein every one of these https links
> case my systems to barf with a "This Connection is Untrusted" message.
> If I remove the 's' then things work fine.
>
> Is there some part of Gentoo config that should take care of this but
> that I don't know about?

Nope, you can't do anything about that.  The warning appears because
Mozilla is using a certificate that was issued for "www.mozilla.org" and
"mozilla.org", but the actual domain is "nightly.mozilla.org".  You
always get a warning when that happens.

HTTP does not use encryption and certificates, so in that case you will
never get anything like that.