List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-user] Re: (II) NV(0): Setting screen physical size to
From:       Erik <esigra () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-07-16 6:03:00

2010-07-16 01:51, walt skrev:
> On 07/15/2010 02:15 AM, Erik wrote:
>
>> ...This is the
>> new Dell vostro|1720 from November, that replaced the old INSPIRON|8600
>> aquired 5 years earlier...
>
> I feel as if I'm reading a post that I selected at random from the
> middle of a long thread with lots of previous questions and answers
> that I can't see.
>
> I've never heard of either of those products.  Maybe someone else
> knows what
> they are?

Do not worry about not knowing about the products that I mentioned in
the parenthesis in the last paragraph (they are just some laptops with
differend graphic cards built in). You may know enough to help if you
are familiar with Xorg, in particular the driver called NV (as the first
2 lines of my post shows). Do you for example know from where the driver
gets the bogus physical display size 508 x 317 from, and why it insists
on using it instead of the configured size?