List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-user]  Re: [SOLVED] Re: xterm fonts not loaded
From:       Valmor de Almeida <val.gentoo () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-05-28 16:30:10

Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> Valmor de Almeida wrote:
>> Nikos Chantziaras wrote:

>>> Hmm, how can that be?  It's a dependency of x11-base/xorg-x11.
>>>

>> My xorg has been acting strange since the update to 1.5. Little problems
>> here and there. As of now I need font-misc-misc emerged into world.
>> Therefore
>>
>> -> equery depends font-misc-misc
>> [ Searching for packages depending on font-misc-misc... ]
>>

>> There were other posts in this list with the same problem.
>
> Weird.  Here's mine:
>
>   equery depends font-misc-misc
>    * Searching for font-misc-misc ...
>   x11-base/xorg-x11-7.4 (>=media-fonts/font-misc-misc-1.0.0)
>
> How can that be?  Do you actually have x11-base/xorg-x11-7.4 installed?
>  If not, I can imagine many problems popping up.

No I am using the "stable" 7.2

*  x11-base/xorg-x11
      Latest version available: 7.2
      Latest version installed: 7.2
      Size of files: 0 kB
      Homepage:      http://xorg.freedesktop.org
Foundation (meta package)
      License:       as-is

I typically try to stick with the stable version of packages specially
when dealing with xorg. I wonder whether other problems I am having are
related to the version of xorg-x11 I am using.

Thanks,

--
Valmor