List:       gentoo-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-user] how to move overlays to a new storage location
From:       Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-05-28 7:31:08

On Thursday 28 May 2009 06:18:22 Valmor de Almeida wrote:
> Hello,
>
> A recent update of layman changed the storage variable in
> /etc/layman/layman.cfg to
>
> storage   : /usr/local/portage/layman
>
> It was previously /usr/portage/local/layman. As a result I would like to
>  move things to the new location. I actually like it better under
> /usr/local/portage.
>
> Is this just a matter of manually fixing the content of the files:
>
> /etc/makec.conf and /usr/portage/local/layman/make.conf
>
> to reflect the change and moving the directory /usr/portage/local/ to
> /usr/local/portage/ ?

Store your own custom overlays in PORTDIR_OVERLAY in /etc/make.conf

layman maintains it's own list of overlays and locations, so you must
" source /var/portage/local/layman/make.conf"
in /etc/make.conf
and defined the overall storage area for layman overlays in
/etc/layman/layman.cfg

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com